Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Miniature Garage

After weeks of playing GTA San Andreas, after killing N number of people in it and blowing up cars and bashing up cops :P Iam doing a write up, Got lots of to post about, will start off with a smaller one this time.

Added few more miniatures to my small collection of 1:12 scale models. This time caught them at Shoppers stop in Garuda mall. What I didn’t notice while buying them was that these maals are old stock (almost a year old!) and they are selling at Mrp of Rs 375/- while the earlier ones I bought from Coupons store near my old office in Hosur road were of new stock and I had bought them for Rs 345/- each :( Well, i guess I will have to hunt coupons store next time onwards. This time I added two bikes and a jeep. The Two bikes are Suzuki GSX R1000 and my first tourer bike Yamaha FJR1300



The Jeep is a 1:27 scale model, it costed Rs 495/- I bought it for the colour and the finishing. I liked the detailing that went in to the bonnet (literally!) and the tyres! The jeep looks very real indeed! The red and black combo was irresistible, next iam looking for a decent looking Hummer or a SUV like pajero.



Now these additions bring up the population of miniatures to six 1:12 bikes and one 1:27 cage. While there is one more 1:18 Honda CBR 600RR which i consider irrelevant due to it’s poor finishing. The bikes in my miniature garage so far are:
Honda CBR 1000RR
Aprilia RSV R1000
Suzuki GSX 1300 R (Hayabusa)
Suzuki GSX R1000
Yamaha YZF R1000
Yamaha FJR1300

My elusive hunt for BMW GS1200 continues, I guess these stores don’t stock it coz it is “ugly” bike compared to the other “dhoom” bikes :P Need to find more touring bikes in future. Did a small photo shoot one night with all the miniatures using my N73, was too lazy to reach out for my camera :P but the pics turned out to be good. Few pics from the photo shoot:




For the entire album, click here
For older photo shoot, click here

2 comments:

--xh-- said...

thatz a nice garage :-D i ned to build one.. my garage now hv the aprila RSV100, a F430 and a Carrera 911. need more bikes there... and my top on the list is the new duke - the Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S.

Krishna Devanur R said...

thats a wonderful collection!!. i wish someday you own the real ones. where is the october ride trip log?