Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Guarded after 3 Years!

Finally! After 3 years since i bought my Zma, I managed to fit a CrashGuard today! All thanks to my friend in Mangalore, Sujay, now a fellow BNer. I first saw his Zma in mangalore fitted with this crashguard, he had fabricated a CBZ Extreme's crashguard to fit to his Zma, it was his mech's idea. I had seen it almost a year back, but i was procastinating on it. My crash last month and post crash repairs of Zma, especially the big FAT bill, got me working on this long pending addon. Sujay fabricated this crashguard in mangalore and i got it fixed here.

Went to local mech today morning and got it fitted to Zma, it was a perfect fit! No touchings anywhere :P brilliant design by Sujay's mech indeed! Since the Crashguard is black in colour, it gels well with the Zma as all lower parts of Zma are black. The Crashguard is sturdy and wide enough to prevent damage to plastics and also to some extent the rider's legs. The local mech too was appreciative of the design and said that it was one of the best 'designed to fit' crashguards for zma that he has seen so far. No pics as of now, my N73 Cam phone is screwed up due to lot of software and old buggy firmware, it took ages to open Camera app and then to click a pic :( Will upgrade the firmware by this week and click the pics of crashguard and post. Too lazy to use my Kodak cam :P

Came home after fitting the crashguard and got another surprise. My insurance claim cheque had come! Heaved a sigh of relief, out of 15k odd crashdamage repair bill, ICICILOMBARD guys have paid me 9k change. Even though it looks less, it's due to plastic parts which i had replaced, 50% is all they pay for plastics :( plus the depreciation for 3 years. Even though i got claims for everything, majority of the parts replaced were plastics (front faring, cowls etc) i lost out money on those.
Got 80% reimbursement on metal parts like alloywheel, footpeg unit etc. It was much needed breather for me. I had settled the repair bill through creditcard :P

Next up will be Horn upgrade, will have to get the same Bosch twin horns that are on Santoosh's Bike Will have to go to Metro with santoosh sometime next week and get those horns. Santoosh has Metro card in his name :P so, the horns are gonna cost much lesser than the MRP. Will prolly hunt for a good Spot lamp next to be fixed on the crash guard. The pending work for this week is to clean up my riding gears, haven't touched them since my earlier ride, the crash left the gears with lot of mud on them, will have clean them up for coming sunday's BikeNomads Bangalore meet. Am eagerly looking forward for the chota ride this sunday, to meet up with old timers in BN.

2 comments:

--xh-- said...

post the pics.. :-)
whatis teh db rating of the bosch horn?
spot lamp - pick up the autopal and pair it with eitehr mico bosch or philips bulb...
a pair of autopal+philips+switch+wire will set you back by 300-350rs odd. hunt down shops coz many shops quots crazy price for the spot lamps...

Deadman Inc said...

Posted the pics :)
Horn DB rating should be 115DB, my single stock horn is 105 db.
Spotlamp will have to wait, am running dry now :( First up will be dual horns. When i do get the spotlamp, i will use my Spare OsramSilverstar plus50 bulb :) Will consult you before i go for spotlamp shopping :)